Monday, December 22, 2014

Crafty Christmas: Hot Cocoa in a Jar

Christmas Countdown: Christmas is just 3 days away!


I found this idea in 2013 and instantly fell in love. 1 - I had all the ingredients in my house, so I could whip it up right then and there. 2 - I love this idea as part of a family gift. Kids, in particular, would enjoy this idea. May I also suggest you add homemade marshmallows and/or chocolate covered spoons to the gift? 3 - Dudes are so difficult to find good quality homemade gifts for. But I don't know any dude who doesn't like food.

Here's what you need to make this hot cocoa gift in a jar:
  • 2 cups powdered milk
  • 1 cup Hershey's cocoa
  • 2 cups powdered sugar
  • 1 cup powdered non-dairy creamer
  • Dash of salt
Here's how to make a hot cocoa gift in a jar:
  1. Mix all items together in a bowl with a whisk.
  2. Scoop the mixture into Mason jars.
That's it! How simple is that? I was able to fill 5 half-pint Mason jars with one batch. While this isn't a free gift, it did cost nothing out of pocket to me at the time I made it since I did have all the ingredients in stock. Even if you have to buy some items for this, it is very low cost! One of my favorite things to do at Christmas is make up care packages for my family and friends. I will be including this in care packages from now on!

Happy crafting!

No comments: