- 3 Tbsp EVOO
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 carrots, diced
- 4 celery stalks, diced
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts, uncooked
- 1 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cups chicken broth
- Unknown quantity of water
- 1 16.3 oz tube Pillsbury Grands! Flaky Layers (or comparable product)
- 3/4 cup flour
- Heat EVOO in a stockpot over medium heat.
- Add the onion, carrots, and celery and cook for 8 minutes.
- Add chicken, parsley, thyme, bay leaves, and chicken broth.
- Add enough water to cover ingredients (I used very little) and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 90 minutes.
- Remove the chicken with tongs and allow to cool in a bowl.
- When chicken is cool enough to handle, chop or tear it into strips.
- Return the chicken to the stockpot.
- Flour both sides of each uncooked biscuit.
- On a floured work surface, roll out each biscuit into rounds about 1/4 of an inch thick.
- Cut the biscuits into 1 to 1 1/2 inch thick strips.
- Gently lower the strips into the broth.
- They will pop back up to the top and if you used a pot like mine, you will feel like you have too many of the strips. Trust me that you do not.
- Gently separate the dumplings with a spoon.
- Let them cook for 12 minutes.
And that is all it takes for some very delicious chicken n' dumplings.