Thursday, October 2, 2014

This Book Room: Slave Again

She traded in her prison uniform for shackles of a different kind.

After escaping a North Korean prison camp, Mee-Kyong is hustled over the border and sold into the Chinese underworld. She vows to survive, but sheer determination and willpower won’t save her this time. Is she fated to remain a slave forever?

* This book has some Christian characters and themes but was written with a broad audience in mind.


My thoughts: First, I loved Alana Terry's The Beloved Daughter and could not wait to read this book! The pace is extremely quick, and it seemed the book's story was, in essence, a short period of time - maybe a week? The characters in this book will tug at your heartstrings and you'll want to run over to North Korea and the surrounding countries and rescue all the people.

Instead, you'll be forced to sit in your comfy home, sip your tea and just immerse yourself in this book. I was a little disappointed by the ending of the book, as I wanted to know more about what happened to the characters, Jae and Agent Ko in particular.

I'm hoping Alana will continue to write books that focus on the slavery reality of North Korea and its surrounding areas - even if these characters aren't featured, these books are a fantastic reminder of not just how blessed I am, but a reminder to pray for the people of North Korea. I cannot imagine the world they are living - their leader has seen to it that I can't truly - and I am heartbroken for the pain and hell I am sure they endure on a daily basis.

Thanks to the author, Alana Terry, for providing a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review. 

No comments: