- 3 pounds potatoes, peeled and quartered
- You don't need to peel the potatoes, but Jess thinks that it is better when you do so.
- 5 cloves garlic
- 5 Tbsp butter
- Up to 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 14 tsp pepper
- Put the potatoes and garlic in a pot and cover them with enough water so the water is at least 1 inch higher than the potatoes.
- Bring the water to a boil, then let them cook for 20 more minutes.
- Drain the water from the pot and mash the potatoes and garlic with a potato masher.
- Mash in the butter, and slowly mix in the milk until you reach the desired consistency.
- It is possible that you will not use all the milk.
- Mix in the sour cream and serve.
The best part is you can whip up a batch of these in about 30 minutes, with only a bit of prep time at the beginning and mashing time at the end.