One thing I love about Christmas is that it literally is for Christ. It is the celebration of Christ's birthday. To fully celebrate that and teach my child about Christmas, I love having things to signify Christ around the house at Christmas. I have several cross ornaments, but none that I had made myself. I set out to change that with this ornament. This is a very simple but profound ornament and I truly hope you make it this year for your tree. It's a sweet ornament with a sad but joyous story.
Here's what you need to make this felt cross ornament:
- White or purple felt
- Red heart buttons
- Red embroidery thread
- Cross template
- Print out the cross template and cut it out.
- Cut out felt for your ornament. You will need two felt pieces per one ornament.
- Using needle and thread, sew one red heart button on the front felt cross.
- Sew a loop on the back cross piece.
- Pin the two crosses together and using a straight stitch, sew the two crosses together.