The noodles went together good with the meat and cheese, though it didn't really give me a pizza feel. But who cares - I enjoyed it quite a bit and would gladly make it again.
|Noodles + Cheese + Pizza sauce + Pizza toppings = Delicious!|
- Cooking spray
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 12 oz dry penne or zeti (the recipe calls for a 12 oz box but I have never seen a box of pasta that is smaller than 16 oz.)
- 1/2 pound ground Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 14 oz jar of pizza sauce
- 1 8 oz jar tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 lb sliced pepperoni
- 1/4 cup diced Canadian bacon
- 1 tsp Italian seasonings
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/3 cup grated parmigiana-reggiano cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 2 1/2 quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Bring a pot of boiling water to a boil.
- Add salt and noodles to the boiling water and let cook for 8 minutes.
- Drain noodles and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add sausage and onions to skillet.
- Cook for about 7 minutes.
- Drain any drippings to the best of your ability (I didn't have any but I'm sure that I just got lucky).
- Combine remaining non-cheese ingredients along with sausage mixture in a large bowl and stir.
- Stir in the pasta.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish.
- Top with cheese and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes, remove the foil and bake for 15 more minutes.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley if you would like.