|Yummy cheesy goodness in a bun. Sign me up for 2.|
- 5 bacon slices, uncooked and diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 4 oz gouda cheese, cut into 4 pieces
- 4 hamburger buns
- Heat your grill.
- Place the bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium heat, for about 6-8 minutes.
- Add the onion and spinach and cook for about 2 more minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the egg, liquid smoke, salt, pepper, and cayenne.
- Using your hands, mix in the beef and the bacon mixture to the egg mixture.
- Shape the beef mixture into 4 patties.
- This will be a little less firm than normal hamburgers; this is okay.
- Put a piece of cheese in the center of each beef patty.
- You will probably have to reform the patty a little bit after adding the cheese as well.
- Grill for about 7-8 minutes per side over medium heat.
- No ketchup or mustard is needed (but you can use it if you want to).