Don't even ask me why I haven't really ventured into the world of skincare before. I regret that sorely.
But now I'm fully immersing myself into it, I am loving it. Now that I'm a mom, I really try to make time for just me each day. I fail most of the time, but when I get a few moments to relax, I want to really relax, you know?
I love oatmeal and I love lavender. And I love baths. This soak is really just a win-win-win all around. I also oddly had all of these ingredients on hand. Because I just have an odd stash of crafting ingredients. I plan to sew together lavender sachets in the future to use up some more of the pound of dried lavender buds I have. Not to fully go on a tangent here, but they're also food grade buds, so I'm contemplating making lavender lemonade or some other delicious concoction.
So to get back to the point of this post... here's what you need to make this lavender oatmeal bath soak:
- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup baking soda
- 4 Tbsp. dried lavender buds
- Measure the ingredients into a bowl and whisk together.
- Working in batches and using your blender/food processor, blend the mixture until it is finely ground.
- Carefully scoop the mixture into Mason jars or some other type of airtight storage container.
For that price, make this for everyone and a few for yourself. You deserve to be pampered!