Friday, August 29, 2014

Busy Bag of the Month: Felt Pizzas with Menus


This busy bag is one of my most favorite ones ever. It is so simple to make, uses very few supplies and is super cheap.

Here's what you need to make a felt pizza busy bag:
  • Felt in a variety of colors {I used tan, red, white, green, yellow, black, pink and brown}
  • Scissors
  • Pizza toppings template {I made my own templates for the toppings, sauce and cheese}
  • Cardstock
  • Crayons
Here's how you make a felt pizza busy bag:

Decide which toppings you would like to incorporate with your busy bag. I chose the following toppings and used these colors:
  • Pineapple - yellow
  • Bell pepper - green
  • Ham - pink
  • Onion - white
  • Mushrooms - tan
  • Pepperoni - red
  • Ground beef/sausage - brown
Once you've chosen your particular toppings, you can gather all the felt you will need. Don't forget to grab felt for the crusts, sauces and cheeses.

I made templates by hand for the entire pizza. There are templates available online for free {just search: pizza busy bag template}, but in the end, I liked what I could make on my own better than what I could find online.

I made the templates on cardstock, then cut them out. I used the templates to then cut out the pieces I needed. I made 2 crusts, 2 sauces and 2 cheeses. For the toppings, I made extras for everything. Be sure to save your templates in case you need to make replacements for later.

Once everything is cut out, you're ready to make your menu cards. I made only 5, but you can make loads more. Feel free to use your favorite pizzeria's menu as inspiration. These are the menu cards I made:

Meaty Papa
Veggie Mama
Hawaiian Love
Joey Special {inspired by Joey Tribiani, the character from Friends}
Chef's Choice

I designed the menu cards on the computer and assigned a value to each topping. After I printed the menu cards, I hand drew, with crayons, the toppings that went with the values.


Aren't the pizzas so cute? Bug is a bit too little to play with these right now, but I know she'll be ready sooner than later! I can't wait for her to make pizzas.

No comments: