This recipe was trying to not be a favorite for us. I cannot eat eggs and Jess doesn't care for bacon, both of which are present in this recipe. Oddly enough, we both loved this salad. Jess liked it so much she ate all the leftovers and didn't let me have any more.
- 11 oz baby spinach
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 dried cranberries
- 8 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 3 Tbsp bacon drippings
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 6 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup Pecorino Romano shavings
- Toss together the first 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a saucepan over low heat, whisk together the bacon drippings, vinegar, sugar, mustard, and basil.
- Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Toss dressing with salad, add remaining ingredients and serve.