|You cannot see the scallions but they are there. Oh and did|
I mention that there is bacon mixed in there as well?
- 2 1/2 pounds green beans, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 8 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 3 tbsp. bacon drippings
- 2/3 cup finely chopped scallions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- pinch of cumin
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Add the beans and cook about 6 minutes, until they are crisp but still tender as well.
- Drain the beans and run them under cold water, then set them aside for the moment.
- Melt to butter with the bacon drippings in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the scallions and cook for about 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the beans to the garlic/scallion mixture and cook for 6 minutes.
- Mix in the bacon, cumin, salt and pepper and serve.