|Guess what is for dinner and lunch tomorrow?|
- 1 Tbsp and 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 pound cavatappi noodles
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups shredded extra sharp Cheddar
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack
- 8 oz Velveeta, cubed
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp pepper
- 6 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- Boil a large pot of water.
- Add 1 Tbsp of salt and the noodles to the boiling water and cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain the water from the noodles and set them aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the half-and-half in a sauce pan.
- Reamove the half-and-half from the heat and let sit for 5 minutes.
- While the half-and-half is cooling, whisk the eggs in a bowl.
- Whisk 2 cups of half-and-half into the eggs and then pour this mixture back into the sauce pan with the remaining half-and-half.
- Turn oven on to 350 degrees.
- Stir 1 cup each of cheddar, mozzarella, Monterey Jack, Velveeta, Parmigiano-Reggiano, and the milk into the sauce pan.
- Heat over medium-low heat and constantly stir until the cheese mixture is completely melted and smooth.
- Mix in dry mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and pepper.
- Mix the pasta and the cheese mixture in an oven-safe baking dish.
- Sprinkle remaining cheddar cheese over the mac n cheese and bake for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle on the bacon crumbles and bake for 10 minutes.
|A freshly finished pan of David's ultimate macaroni and cheese|
P.S. Next week's recipe is cheesy cheeseburger casserole