|Just look at this bowl of deliciousness. I want to make another|
batch just thinking about how good it tasted!
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 1 stick butter
- 6 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup chopped scallions
- 6 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pierce the potatoes multiple times with a fork and then bake for an hour.
- Let the potatoes cool and peel them.
- Dice 3 of the potatoes and mash the 4th one.
- Melt the stick of butter in a pot over medium-low heat.
- Whisk in the flour until smooth.
- Gradually whisk in the milk.
- Cook the mixture for about 10 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, 3/4 cup of cheddar cheese, salt, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Stir until the cheese is melted.
- Remove the pot from heat and stir in the sour cream and 1/2 cup of scallions.
- Put the pot over low heat and cook just until hot, but do not boil.
- When serving garnish with remaining cheese, remaining scallions and crumbled bacon.