Tuesday, April 1, 2014

State of Our House Address: March in review

Thank you all for being so understanding when I wasn't up to writing a review post for February. Honestly, my emotional state was not positive and I just wasn't in the mood to write it. Plus, I felt I had nothing to share that was positive. Obviously, there is always positive to share, but that wasn't my mind set.

For several reasons, my mind set has changed completely and I'm happy to report I am back to my happy, positive self. For one thing, I was offered a job I was happy to accept and I will be starting there in about a week. I am sad to leave my family and have to work, but I do have to work (unless we want to be homeless and that's not a goal of ours). We hope that in the future, one of us can stay home with our girl, but until then, we'll both keep working and taking care of our girl by ourselves. Prayers would be appreciated as we transition back into a two-income family!


Despite the job offer, the biggest news was that Bug turned 1 in March! I cannot believe it's been a year, but then I can. I do remember life before her, but I'd rather not. She brings so much joy to our lives! She's a crazy little girl - always ready to party, smile, giggle and follow her big brother everywhere he goes. Bug is also a really good snuggler. We love sleeping cuddled up to each other at night. Bug's birthday was pretty low key, though Grandma and Grandpa didn't get the memo of only one balloon. Bug had a great time getting frosting on her face and spending time with her family.


One of our friends from church is a terrific photographer and takes photos of all the church babies upon request. She's so generous and has such a loving heart. She took Bug's 1 year pictures, and while I'm not sure if Bug had a good time, she was cute anyway.


We've had a lot of issues with Bug eating, but we finally got it figured out and she's now enjoying all kinds of foods! She still doesn't have any teeth (yes, still), so she's a bit limited in what she can tackle, but we've made such progress. I am anxiously waiting for a tooth to finally poke through, though!

Near the end of the month, I switched our closets over to spring/summer. This was really exciting but kind of crazy because it snowed the day I did it. I love winter, but it is spring. So winter probably should pack up and leave!

Even crazier than that, we started our garden this month! It just seems weird to start our garden while it is snowing. We start our seeds indoors, then move them out the end of May/the first week of June. This year, we're growing tomatoes, carrots, strawberries and marigolds. I can't wait to see little sprouts coming up through the soil.

No comments: