Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Saving the Moola: February in review

We're on what I call a "God watch." He's here with us, and I can feel Him, but I'm needing a miracle right about now.

My unemployment has run out, and while I've had leads here and there, nothing official has happened. We do have some savings and will be okay for a little while, but after that is gone, I literally don't know what we're going to do. And just in case anyone reading this thinks I don't have a job because I'm unwilling to work for less than $30 an hour and am being lazy (I recently read comments on a news article where people actually said that for anyone on unemployment), let me inform you I've never made close to that in my life and I'm definitely not holding out for that. I'm not really holding out for anything right now! So please just know that people really are struggling finding a real job. I am one of those people.

I'm incredibly grateful that Jason has a job he enjoys, although I do wish it paid a livable wage for our family. But he works 40+ hours a week, and the overtime really helps. His tutoring also helps our family plug along.

We finally filed our taxes this month, and we'll be using the majority of our return to pay off our car loan - praise the Lord! We'll have a bit left over that will go into our emergency fund for when we need it.

I'm also looking to finally participate in a vendor show with some of the items I make. I've been wanting to do this for years and years, but it was never the right time. This year finally feels like the right time, so I've already started working on building up my inventory for the summer season. I'm pretty excited about this but also incredibly nervous about the reception I'll have. I hope and pray it will be positive!

That's basically our financial lives right now in a nutshell. If you are a prayer warrior, we would sure appreciate being on your prayer list. I've been having trust issues lately, and it's something that, quite frankly, I seriously struggle with. I struggled when I first knew I was pregnant, and I'm struggling again. It's just hard to let go and let God, to fully surrender to His will whatever it may be. And if you could pray that a new job with a decent wage finds its way to us, that would be awesome.

If you have any prayer requests, please be sure to comment on this post or on our Facebook page. I would be honored to pray for you. If you're not comfortable leaving a specific request, just let me know you need prayers, and that works too!

No comments: