Tuesday, February 25, 2014

This Book Room: Princess Ever After

Regina Beswick never dreamed of faraway places. She’s happy with her life as a classic car mechanic and owner of a restoration shop.

But an unexpected visitor and the discovery of a fairytale, drawn by her great-grandma, causes Regina to wonder if she might be destined for something more.

Tanner Burkhardt, Minister of Culture for the Grand Duchy of Hessenberg, must convince the strong-willed Southerner, Miss Beswick, that she is his country’s long-lost princess. Failure could destroy his reputation and change his nation forever.

As Regina and Tanner face the challenges before them, neither are prepared for love to invade their hearts and change every thing they believe about themselves.

However, when a royal opponent nearly destroys Regina’s future, she must lean into God and trust He has sovereignly brought her to her true and final destiny.

Additional notes: This is the second book in the Royal Wedding series. You can read my review of the first book here

My thoughts: This series is definitely for anyone who fancies all things royal. If you enjoyed Meg Cabot's Princess Diaries series, you'll likely enjoy this series as well. This book had moments I was not a fan of - Reggie was a little annoying, to be honest. I really enjoyed Tanner's story, though, and where it ultimately led. I don't want to give it away, so you'll have to read the book for yourself. I did enjoy that there was a clear cut villain who was very villain-y. It made the book that much more fun and silly. I felt like there was more to Regina's dad and stepmom than we were allowed to know about. That part of the story felt odd to me that we didn't know more details about it. All in all, I enjoyed the story, but this isn't a book I'll remember forever. 

Thanks to Litfuse Publicity Group for providing a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review. 

No comments: