We found the original recipe on HungryLittleGirl.com, but doctored it up so much you probably wouldn't recognize it if you saw it there.
- 1 lbs. ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 small can tomato sauce
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 2 cups shredded cheese, divided
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large oven safe skillet, cook ground beef, onion, garlic, pepper and oregano over high heat until the beef is fully cooked.
- Turn the heat down to medium and add the rice, peas, and tomato sauce, 1 cup of cheese and the chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Combine remaining cheese and sour cream.
- Top the casserole with cheese and sour cream mixture and bake another 15 minutes.
Just be prepared to want to eat a whole bunch more of this than you probably should because it is yummytastic!