Thursday, January 16, 2014

This Book Room: Say Goodbye to Survival Mode


Calling the super busy, the stressed out, the overtired.

You know you're made for a more fulfilling life. With this book, you’ll know where to start.

You wake up tired. Your to-do list is too long. The commitments—and the laundry—are piling up, but your energy keeps dwindling. You feel like you're simply making it through the days, not living or enjoying any part of them.

In Say Goodbye to Survival Mode, you'll find both practical ideas and big-picture perspective that will inspire you to live life on purpose. As a wife, mother of three, and founder of the wildly successful blog MoneySavingMom.com, Crystal Paine has walked the road from barely surviving to living with intention. With the warmth and candor of a dear friend, she shares what she's learned along the way, helping you:

feel healthier and more energetic by setting priorities and boundaries
eliminate stress with savvy management of your time, money, and home
get more done by setting realistic goals and embracing discipline
rediscover your passions—and the confidence to pursue them

Packed with straightforward solutions you'll use today and inspirational stories you'll remember for years, Say Goodbye to Survival Mode is a must for any woman who's ever longed for the freedom to enjoy life, not just survive it. 


My thoughts: I was chosen as one of 1,000 bloggers to be part of Crystal's launch team for her new book. Even if I hadn't been chosen, I promise I still would have read this book. If you haven't yet read her first book, Money Saving Mom's Budget, I highly recommend that book as well. 

If you struggle with staying sane, Say Goodbye to Survival Mode is absolutely for you. Maybe you don't struggle with your sanity (bless your heart!). Maybe you think you've got it all together. 

This book is still for you. I don't know how often I struggle with my sanity. I always choose my sanity first, and that informs how I spend my time. But even then, I still struggle with juggling all of the various aspects of my life: blogging, mothering, being a wife, homemaking, and carving out precious alone time. I wear many hats, as does nearly every single person I know. 

Practical advice is offered in this book, and Crystal gives you actionable tasks to propel you on your journey to a fulfilling and rich life. Some of my favorite quotes from the book include: 

“Time doesn’t expand limitlessly. When I say yes to one thing, I must say no to something else.”

“Count the cost of each commitment before you make your decision.”

“If you don't know where you are going, you'll never reach your destination.”

“Don't look to other people, books, diets, programs, pills, or even a church to give you the strength you need to live the life God has called you to live. … They can never give you what you will find in Christ alone.”

“No matter your age, your financial situation, your education, or your upbringing, you can live an exceptional life.”

Aren't those quotes fabulous? I'm telling you - this is a must-read book. If nothing else, it will serve as inspiration for you that you are doing the right thing! I say no to others a lot so I can say yes to myself and my family more. Sometimes, I struggle with this because I can feel guilty saying no. But Crystal affirms that saying no is important! Especially when saying no to someone else means you can say yes to yourself and your family.

Give this book a go and just see if it doesn't change your life. 

Thanks to Crystal Paine for sending me a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

2 comments:

Kim M. said...

thanks for your review. I've been wondering about reading the book. The title really grabbed me...think I'll grab the book & read it myself!

Jess and Jason said...

Awesome! This book will rock your world.