Monday, December 2, 2013

Life & Style: December goals + an update on November goals

Here's how I did on my November goals:

Personal
-Read my chosen devotional each day {this year, I'm reading 365 Meditations for Women by Women}
-Read my Amplified Bible each day
-Read 7 books
-Work on one fitness habit - for November, I'm focusing on upping my water intake each day and decreasing my caffeine intake.
-Work on one other habit per month - for November, I'm sweeping the kitchen floor each day. I really need to make this a daily habit now that Bug is creeping everywhere.
-Craft weekly - for November, I'm making many Christmas gifts and putting together some busy bags for Bug. I'm also going to deck out our house for the Christmas season.

Marriage
-Pray for husband daily
-Have monthly date nights
-Have monthly movie nights
-Start reading Love and Respect and completing the accompanying workbook together

Mothering
-Read to Bug each day
-Pray with and for Bug each day
-Continue signing to Bug each day - we're teaching num nums, mama, dada, Bug {the sign we made up for her}, sleep/night night/tired, book/read, all done, more, eat, drink, bunny, kitty/brother {we call Preston brother as well so this is just an all-inclusive sign for him}, bear, potty
-Continue potty training. We're putting Bug on it after dinner. I expect absolutely nothing. We're just getting her used to the potty, diaper free, and experiencing this part of life.
-Continue baby-led weaning

Financial
-Send as much money as we can to our car loan holders {aka my parents}

I think I finally hit my stride with goals in November. I'll attribute a lot of that to not working outside the home at all, even though my not working outside the home at all is likely a temporary measure. We'll see what God has planned for us! I'd love to stay home with Bug forever, but until Jason's situation changes, I'll head back to work at some point.

But since for the time being, I'll be staying home with our Bug, I'm going to keep setting and meeting goals, God willing! Here are my goals for December:

Personal
-Read my chosen devotional each day {this year, I'm reading 365 Meditations for Women by Women}
-Read my Amplified Bible each day
-Read 4 books
-Work on one fitness habit - for December, I'm focusing on enjoying all the good food this month brings. So in short, no fitness habit for me this month!
-Work on one other habit per month - for December, I'm focusing on deep cleaning the house more often - vacuum, sweeping/mopping, dusting and cleaning the bathrooms. My goal is once per week for all of these things but truthfully, I do them about once every other week right now.
-Craft weekly - for December, I'm making many Christmas gifts and continuing to put together some busy bags for Bug.

Marriage
-Pray for husband daily
-Have monthly date nights
-Have monthly movie nights
-Start reading Love and Respect and completing the accompanying workbook together

Mothering
-Read to Bug each day
-Pray with and for Bug each day
-Continue signing to Bug each day - we're teaching num nums, mama, dada, Bug {the sign we made up for her}, sleep/night night/tired, book/read, all done, more, eat, drink, bunny, kitty/brother {we call Preston brother as well so this is just an all-inclusive sign for him}, bear, potty
-Continue potty training. We're putting Bug on it after dinner. I expect absolutely nothing. We're just getting her used to the potty, diaper free, and experiencing this part of life.
-Continue baby-led weaning

Financial
-Send as much money as we can to our car loan holders {aka my parents}

You can read my full goals for 2013 here.

No comments: