I made this for one gift last year (I test almost every new homemade or gift idea on my mom), and it was a huge hit! My mom specifically requested I make two more jars for her this Christmas. She said she used it on her legs prior to shaving. After using the scrub, she then shaved her legs, without any cream or other type of shaving gel, and she said she had never got a closer shave or smoother legs. She's pretty much in love with this scrub now!
Here's what you need to make this homemade body scrub:
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup kosher salt
- 1 cup EVOO
- Zest of one large lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract (optional, but I did use this)
- Mix sugar, salt and EVOO in a mixing bowl. Mix all together.
- Zest the lemon right into the mixing bowl and mix that in with the sugar mixture.
- If you desire an extra lemon-y smell, add the extract.
- Scoop the mixture into a half pint canning jar.