Friday, November 1, 2013

Life & Style: November goals + an update on October goals

Here's how I did on my October goals:

Personal
-Read my chosen devotional each day {this year, I'm reading 365 Meditations for Women by Women}
-Read my Amplified Bible each day
-Read 7 books
-Work on one fitness habit - for October, I'm purposing to take a walk each day with Bug.
-Work on one other habit per month - for October, I'm organizing several areas of our home, including the closet in Bug's room, end table and night stand drawers, coat closet, and pantry, and I also want to update our blog pages and Pinterest with blog posts.
-Craft weekly - for October, I'm putting together busy bags for Bug. I don't know if I'll do all the ones I have planned, but I want to at least get started on these. I have 10 planned out to make. I will be canning apple butter and sewing another fleece hat {in a larger size as her head grows often and a lot} for Bug. I am also going to start working on Bug's photo album and update it to her six-month birth date. And if time really allows, I'd love to start sewing puppets for her.

Marriage
-Pray for husband daily
-Have monthly date nights {celebrate our third wedding anniversary!}
-Have monthly movie nights
-Start reading Love and Respect and completing the accompanying workbook together

Mothering
-Read to Bug each day
-Pray with and for Bug each day
-Continue signing to Bug each day - we're teaching num nums, mama, dada, Bug {the sign we made up for her}, sleep/night night/tired, book/read, all done, more, eat, drink, bunny, kitty/brother {we call Preston brother as well so this is just an all-inclusive sign for him}, bear, potty

Financial
-Send as much money as we can to our car loan holders {aka my parents}

Bug is now sitting up great, so we started putting her in her high chair for meals. She loves it! Her favorite foods so far are green beans and noodles. We weren't really sure if she was actually eating anything until we found green bean pieces in her poop. She's still very much just exploring, and we're quite content with that.

Since Bug is now sitting up better on her own, we started potty training. I hate to use that term, potty training, since we're very much just letting her explore what being on her little potty feels like. We set her on her potty every day after dinner to establish a routine. Eventually, over time, we'll work up to before sleeps, after sleeps and after each meal. She really enjoys being on her potty and we use that time as story time with her.

Here are my November goals:

Personal
-Read my chosen devotional each day {this year, I'm reading 365 Meditations for Women by Women}
-Read my Amplified Bible each day
-Read 7 books
-Work on one fitness habit - for November, I'm focusing on upping my water intake each day and decreasing my caffeine intake.
-Work on one other habit per month - for November, I'm sweeping the kitchen floor each day. I really need to make this a daily habit now that Bug is creeping everywhere.
-Craft weekly - for November, I'm making many Christmas gifts and putting together some busy bags for Bug. I'm also going to deck out our house for the Christmas season.

Marriage
-Pray for husband daily
-Have monthly date nights
-Have monthly movie nights
-Start reading Love and Respect and completing the accompanying workbook together

Mothering
-Read to Bug each day
-Pray with and for Bug each day
-Continue signing to Bug each day - we're teaching num nums, mama, dada, Bug {the sign we made up for her}, sleep/night night/tired, book/read, all done, more, eat, drink, bunny, kitty/brother {we call Preston brother as well so this is just an all-inclusive sign for him}, bear, potty
-Continue potty training. We're putting Bug on it after dinner. I expect absolutely nothing. We're just getting her used to the potty, diaper free, and experiencing this part of life.
-Continue baby-led weaning

Financial
-Send as much money as we can to our car loan holders {aka my parents}

You can read my full goals for 2013 here.

No comments: