Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Life & Style: October goals + an update on September goals

Here's how I did on my September goals:

Personal
-Read my chosen devotional each day {this year, I'm reading 365 Meditations for Women by Women}
-Read my Amplified Bible each day
-Read 7 books
-Work on one fitness habit - for September, I'm working on eating the rainbow: green, purple/blue, orange, red and yellow in fruits and vegetables. I started this in August and did well each day, so I'm looking forward to upping my fruits and veggie counts each day in September now that I'm purposefully focusing on this.
-Work on one other habit per month - for September, I'm working on not losing my mind. Seriously. Which pretty much means saying only nice things. I'm sure I'll fail miserably, but I'm really going to try to be nice. Every moment. Someone please give me some chocolate.
-Craft weekly - for September, I'm baking homemade cat treats for Preston, making 1 toy for Bug, making 1 Christmas gift and canning two batches of raspberry jam. I also would like to start planning out busy bags for Bug. I've started compiling which ones I'm going to make, but I only have 3. I would like at least 2 more. And then I need to make a materials list of things I need to buy/find for them. I'm hoping to get that done by the end of the month, too.

Marriage
-Pray for husband daily
-Have monthly date nights
-Have monthly movie nights
-Start reading Love and Respect and completing the accompanying workbook together

Mothering
-Read to Bug each day
-Pray with and for Bug each day
-Continue signing to Bug each day - we're teaching num nums, mama, dada, Bug {the sign we made up for her}, sleep/night night/tired, book/read, all done, more, eat, drink, bunny, kitty/brother {we call Preston brother as well so this is just an all-inclusive sign for him}, bear, potty
-Start potty training. Yup, that's right. We're crazy. We're buying a potty this month and will be putting Bug on it at key moments of the day. I expect absolutely nothing. We're just getting her used to the potty, diaper free, and experiencing this part of life.
-Continue baby-led weaning. At around 5.5 months of age, we started giving Bug her own plate with baby appropriate food. We usually give her a piece of toasted bread with a dip {yogurt, pasta sauce, hummus, etc.} or whatever we're having. Her favorite meal so far was steak and raw red pepper.

Financial
-Send as much money as we can to our car loan holders {aka my parents}

Until Bug can sit up on her own really well, we've decided to hold off on potty training. Her potty is all set up now in her bathroom, though, so I'm super excited to start this soon. We also haven't been offering regular food often, also because she can't sit up really well on her own yet, but she is in love with apples. So she teeths regular food often, but is not swallowing anything yet, which is fine.

I don't think I did a good job with not losing my mind in September. But more on that with the State of Our House Address post coming soon! The big announcement I'll make with that post had a direct impact on my goals below. Here they are!

Personal
-Read my chosen devotional each day {this year, I'm reading 365 Meditations for Women by Women}
-Read my Amplified Bible each day
-Read 7 books
-Work on one fitness habit - for October, I'm purposing to take a walk each day with Bug.
-Work on one other habit per month - for October, I'm organizing several areas of our home, including the closet in Bug's room, end table and night stand drawers, coat closet, and pantry, and I also want to update our blog pages and Pinterest with blog posts.
-Craft weekly - for October, I'm putting together busy bags for Bug. I don't know if I'll do all the ones I have planned, but I want to at least get started on these. I have 10 planned out to make. I will be canning apple butter and sewing another fleece hat {in a larger size as her head grows often and a lot} for Bug. I am also going to start working on Bug's photo album and update it to her six-month birth date. And if time really allows, I'd love to start sewing puppets for her.

Marriage
-Pray for husband daily
-Have monthly date nights {celebrate our third wedding anniversary!}
-Have monthly movie nights
-Start reading Love and Respect and completing the accompanying workbook together

Mothering
-Read to Bug each day
-Pray with and for Bug each day
-Continue signing to Bug each day - we're teaching num nums, mama, dada, Bug {the sign we made up for her}, sleep/night night/tired, book/read, all done, more, eat, drink, bunny, kitty/brother {we call Preston brother as well so this is just an all-inclusive sign for him}, bear, potty

Financial
-Send as much money as we can to our car loan holders {aka my parents}

You can read my full goals for 2013 here.

No comments: