The best part about this recipe is that it makes two cakes. You can keep one for yourself and bless a family with the second one. Or, if you're having company over, you'll have a bunch of cake for everyone. But it's nice to give one away and save someone else the hassle of baking a treat for the week. We found the original recipe here.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease two round cake pans.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, white sugar and baking powder.
- Mix in the egg, vanilla extract and 2 Tbsp. melted butter. Stir until well combined.
- Poured into prepared cake pans. Sprinkle with brown sugar, then cinnamon. Drizzle 1/3 cup melted butter evenly over the two cakes.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. The top will be firm and crackly looking.