I'm so excited for this homemade recipe! Preston has so many allergies to food that it is often difficult to find treats for him that won't make him scratch himself until he is injured. He gobbled up these treats very quickly, and he never scratched himself maliciously. There's only one oddball ingredient - wheat germ. We found a big container of this at WalMart for a few dollars.
- 1 can tuna fish, undrained
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- Mix everything together with a fork. If needed, add a bit more flour until the mixture is no longer sticky and can be formed into a ball.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place the ball on parchment paper-lined cookie sheet and flatten the ball to about 1/8 inch thick.
- Using a pizza cutter, slice the dough into half inch wide strips, horizontally and vertically.
- Bake for about 12 minutes.
- Take the sheet from the oven and separate the pieces. Flip the pieces, then cook for another 5 minutes, or until pieces are crispy.
- Let the treats cool, then store them in the fridge.
|I'm a very good helper in the kitchen!|