Friday, September 13, 2013

This Book Room: Eventide

Honest and faithful Elsie Keim falls for her new neighbor, Landon, but she can’t bear to tell him the truth: She’s going blind.

Landon is enamored with Elsie. When Elsie’s brother Roman steps in and shares the truth of Elsie’s disease, Landon is floored. His job is demanding and takes him away from home, sometimes for days at a time. He wonders how he’d be able to keep up with his responsibilities and take care of Elsie.

In Eventide, three generations of the Keim family come together to make their dreams come true.

Additional notes: This is the third and final book in the Days of Redemption series. You can read my review of the first book here and my review of the second book here.

My thoughts: I think from the first book, I was really just waiting to read Elsie's story. She is such a little firecracker and yet so vulnerable due to her eye disease and her family. They are quite overprotective! It's easy for her to let her family speak for her, but she must learn to stand on her own two feet.

Elsie's character really hits home for me. I have my own opinions but in an extended family like mine, my opinion often gets lost because I'm not the one shouting. So no one can hear me. I remember always running to my parents for their opinion when Jason and I were in a serious relationship. That all changed the day we married - he was, from that second on, the head of our household and the head of me. Thankfully, I married a godly man, and he answers to God first and foremost. That makes it very easy for me to feel safe and comfortable with being the second in command at our home.

Anyway, I was so happy with this story. A little predictable, but it's predictable for Amish fiction to be predictable. I think that makes sense! If you like Amish fiction, you will adore this story.

Thanks to Litfuse Publicity Group for providing a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

No comments: