Monday, September 2, 2013

Life & Style: September goals + an update on August goals

Here's how I did on my goals for August:

Personal
-Read my chosen devotional each day {this year, I'm reading 365 Meditations for Women by Women}
-Read my Amplified Bible each day
-Read 8 books
-Work on one fitness habit - for August, I'm working on eating at home for every meal {or as many as possible}.
-Work on one other habit per month - for August, I'm sweeping the kitchen floor each day.
-Craft weekly - for August, I'm making 3 gifts for Christmas and sewing a fleece hat for baby Bug.

Marriage
-Pray for husband daily
-Have monthly date nights
-Have monthly movie nights
-Start reading Love and Respect and completing the accompanying workbook together

Mothering
-Continue tummy time with Bug
-Read to Bug each day
-Continue gross motor activity skills with Bug
-Pray with and for Bug each day

Financial
-Send as much money as we can to my student loan institution

The month of August was kind of in turmoil due to the fact that the car we owned was totaled. So while we sent as much money as we could to my student loan institution, we also spent a lot of emergency fund on a rental car, gas, etc. We've since re-funded our emergency fund almost completely, and we're now re-directing our financial goals to re-paying the car loan as soon as possible. You can more about that journey in Saving the Moola: August in review which will be posted soon.

We're no longer going to be focusing on the gross motor activity skills we had been doing with Bug. I'm going to research to find new ones that may be more suited for her current age {almost 6 months - ahhhh!!!}. We also no longer need to focus on putting Bug on her tummy to do tummy time. Since she rolls all day and all night and every minute and second that exists in the day, she gets plenty of tummy time on her own.

My Amplified Bible and I haven't really been connecting. Well, let's just be honest, I haven't really been connecting. Jason suggested I focus on the New Testament, which is generally always easier for me to connect to. Thanks, boo, for the suggestion! I'm going to focus on re-prioritizing the Amplified back into my daily routine.

I'm pretty excited about the goals I have set out for September. It's the season of fall, and I just love fall. I feel like we both stay home and go out more. I know that's not really possible, but it just is. I think. I don't know. I have mommy brain. Most of what I say nowadays doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Thank God for His grace.

Anyway, before I just ramble on and on, here's my September goals:

Personal
-Read my chosen devotional each day {this year, I'm reading 365 Meditations for Women by Women}
-Read my Amplified Bible each day
-Read 7 books
-Work on one fitness habit - for September, I'm working on eating the rainbow: green, purple/blue, orange, red and yellow in fruits and vegetables. I started this in August and did well each day, so I'm looking forward to upping my fruits and veggie counts each day in September now that I'm purposefully focusing on this.
-Work on one other habit per month - for September, I'm working on not losing my mind. Seriously. Which pretty much means saying only nice things. I'm sure I'll fail miserably, but I'm really going to try to be nice. Every moment. Someone please give me some chocolate.
-Craft weekly - for September, I'm baking homemade cat treats for Preston, making 1 toy for Bug, making 1 Christmas gift and canning two batches of raspberry jam. I also would like to start planning out busy bags for Bug. I've started compiling which ones I'm going to make, but I only have 3. I would like at least 2 more. And then I need to make a materials list of things I need to buy/find for them. I'm hoping to get that done by the end of the month, too.

Marriage
-Pray for husband daily
-Have monthly date nights
-Have monthly movie nights
-Start reading Love and Respect and completing the accompanying workbook together

Mothering
-Read to Bug each day
-Pray with and for Bug each day
-Continue signing to Bug each day - we're teaching num nums, mama, dada, Bug {the sign we made up for her}, sleep/night night/tired, book/read, all done, more, eat, drink, bunny, kitty/brother {we call Preston brother as well so this is just an all-inclusive sign for him}, bear, potty
-Start potty training. Yup, that's right. We're crazy. We're buying a potty this month and will be putting Bug on it at key moments of the day. I expect absolutely nothing. We're just getting her used to the potty, diaper free, and experiencing this part of life.
-Continue baby-led weaning. At around 5.5 months of age, we started giving Bug her own plate with baby appropriate food. We usually give her a piece of toasted bread with a dip {yogurt, pasta sauce, hummus, etc.} or whatever we're having. Her favorite meal so far was steak and raw red pepper.

Financial
-Send as much money as we can to our car loan holders {aka my parents}

You can read my full goals for 2013 here.

No comments: