Wednesday, August 14, 2013

This Book Room: Lead Me Home

Shiloh Griffin has no identity outside of her roles as pastor's wife and mom. Some days that is enough. But not always. Particularly when she is partnered with the always confident, always gracious Jade Smith on a church ministry project. Rather than shying away from God in her nervousness, Shiloh clings to Him, seeking every day to redeem herself. When an opportunity arises for her to teach music at a local high school, she thinks maybe it's just the thing to give her more significance. Then Shiloh begins mentoring Monica, a fifteen-year-old student. When Monica learns she is pregnant, Shiloh must confront her own darkest secret in the desperate decision facing the teen. If she turns away, this teen's life—and her soul—could be in jeopardy. If she decides to stand up and help, she knows she's the one who risks losing everything. Stacy Hawkins Adams's second book in the Winds of Change series finds Shiloh at a life-changing crossroads: keep her halo intact, or lose her honor to save the girl's.

Additional notes: This is the second book in the Winds of Change series. You can read my review of the first book here. The third book is expected out next year.

My thoughts: This was a really good book. The plot was good. The characters were good. There were some parts of the plot I didn't like, only because I wish the story could have gone another way. And I love this author. The first book in this series wasn't as good, and you don't need to read that book to read this book.

Shiloh definitely resonated with me. I understand the feeling of having to project yourself in a certain way and not wanting to let anyone down. I'm really glad she comes around to realizing that being honest and true are what matters in the end. My heart broke for Monica. I feel like I've been where she was: full of dreams and ambition... and getting sidetracked by silly crushes. If I could go back in time and tell my 16-year-old self advice, I could have saved myself... from myself. Hindsight's 20/20 though!

This book was a great summer read. I'm definitely looking forward to the third book.

Thanks to booksneeze.com for providing a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

3 comments:

Vicki Maheu said...

It sounds like a good book. I may try reading it when I finish the one I just ordered. (if it EVER arrives!)

Vicki Maheu said...

I commented, but I'm not sure it went through the little "prove you're not a robot" thingy.

Jess and Jason said...

Those captchas can be seriously tricky! If you do give this book a go, please let me know what you thought. I really, really liked this book - I rated it a 4 on goodreads.com. Thanks for commenting!