Thursday, August 1, 2013

Life & Style: August goals + an update on July goals

Here's on update on my July goals:

Personal
-Read my chosen devotional each day {this year, I'm reading 365 Meditations for Women by Women}
-Read my Amplified Bible each day
-Read 8 books
-Work on one fitness habit - for July, I'm tracking all of my calories through My Fitness Pal.
-Work on one other habit per month - for July, I'm doing a fast food fast - no fast food! {again}
-Craft weekly - for July, I'm planning to pick many pounds of blueberries and can one batch of blueberry jam and freeze at least 16 cups of blueberries. I may also work on some things for baby Bug, like a scarf and fleece hat for this coming winter, but we'll see. I don't want to over commit myself!

Marriage
-Pray for husband daily
-Have monthly date nights
-Have monthly movie nights
-Start reading Love and Respect and completing the accompanying workbook together

Mothering
-Continue tummy time with Bug
-Read to Bug each day
-Continue gross motor activity skills with Bug
-Pray with and for Bug each day

Financial
-Send as much money as we can to my student loan institution

So all in all, I kind of bombed my goals. I certainly felt like I was doing well throughout the month of July, but clearly at the end of the month, not so much. My spiritual life has been floundering in that I'm not giving enough time to God each day. My soul feels that lack, and from late July to now, I've been spending more time in prayer, more time listening, more time with Him. And I've already felt my soul lift back up again and I've felt a resurgence of Him in my life. I'm so grateful for that.

With all of that in mind, here are my simple, I hope, goals for August:

Personal
-Read my chosen devotional each day {this year, I'm reading 365 Meditations for Women by Women}
-Read my Amplified Bible each day
-Read 8 books
-Work on one fitness habit - for August, I'm working on eating at home for every meal {or as many as possible}.
-Work on one other habit per month - for August, I'm sweeping the kitchen floor each day.
-Craft weekly - for August, I'm making 3 gifts for Christmas and sewing a fleece hat for baby Bug.

Marriage
-Pray for husband daily
-Have monthly date nights
-Have monthly movie nights
-Start reading Love and Respect and completing the accompanying workbook together

Mothering
-Continue tummy time with Bug
-Read to Bug each day
-Continue gross motor activity skills with Bug
-Pray with and for Bug each day

Financial
-Send as much money as we can to my student loan institution

You can read my full goals for 2013 here.

No comments: