Monday, July 8, 2013

Beauty Fix: Items Worth the Splurge

We all love bargain beauty buys and over the last couple of months, I've shared with you my favorite items that are affordably priced and essential for my beauty bag. But there are just some items that I refuse to skimp on.

When I was a teenager, I suffered from horrible acne. This followed me into my early adult years and I was so self conscious about my appearance. A fantastic facial wash changed all that for me. I've tried other cleansers since then in an effort to save money, but I've never found one that performs as well as this one. I'm also a huge, huge fan of philosophy's microdelivery exfoliating facial wash. I keep them both on my bathroom counter and would never, ever be without them. My pick: philosophy's purity made simple facial cleanser

My eyelashes do not curl well with a regular store
eyelash curler. If you skimp on everything else, I highly, highly urge you: do not skimp on this item. You need a good eyelash curler. It makes all the difference in how bright and awake your eyes will look. It's practically an eyelift in a curler. You can read more about why I love this eyelash curler so much here. My pick: Japonesque Power curler

It's rare when I get alone time, especially now that I'm a mom. And when I do get alone time, my favorite thing to do {besides sleep!} is take a nice bubble bath and read magazines or a book. I prefer not to skimp on bubble bath because bubble baths are meant to be luxurious. Indulge in a good bubble bath product and let the bubbles soothe you. I bought this bubble bath for my aunt when she was battling cancer, and I remember she told me she did not take bubble baths. But she did, eventually, and I remember she told me how much she loved this bubble bath. It is incredibly luxurious and just the thing for any day you need a little pick-me-up. My pick: Deep Steep Lavender and Chamomile bubble bath

No comments: