Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Life & Style: May goals + an update on April goals

For the first half of the month, I rocked out my goals, but then I really fell off the bandwagon mid month and never got back on.

Personal
-Read my chosen devotional each day {this year, I'm reading 365 Meditations for Women by Women}
-Read my Amplified Bible each day
-Read 8 books
-Work on one fitness habit - for April, I'm working on walking each day... again!
-Work on one other habit per month - for April, I'm working on getting up when there's a 6 on the clock each morning
-Craft weekly - for April, I'm planning to sew napkins, create/organize our kitchen binder, plant and water tomato seeds and sew an earwarmer.

Marriage
-Pray for husband daily
-Have monthly date nights
-Have monthly movie nights

Mothering
-Start tummy time with Bug
-Read to Bug each day

Financial
-Spend as little as possible while I am on maternity leave

I did not read my Bible and devotional each day. I did not walk each day, but I will say I did lots and lots of chores so I was moving a lot! I did not get up every day when there was still a 6 on the clock, unless getting up at 8:06 AM counts :) I did get better with waking up early as the month continued on. I did not read to Bug every day, but between Jason and I, we read to her most days. I engaged her in conversation as much as I could and we also enjoyed listening to Veggie Tales songs together. I think when Bug is old enough to speak, her first words to me will be asking me not to sing the songs! {I have a terrible singing voice!}

As of today, I'm back to work, so my goals aren't going to be too crazy. I don't want to aim for something I absolutely cannot achieve, but I want to aim for something a little bit out of my comfort zone. Here are my May goals:

Personal
-Read my chosen devotional each day {this year, I'm reading 365 Meditations for Women by Women}
-Read my Amplified Bible each day
-Read 8 books
-Work on one fitness habit - for May, I'm working on getting 7 hours of sleep per night
-Work on one other habit per month - for May, I'm working on getting up when there's a 6 on the clock each morning {again}
-Craft weekly - for May, I'm planning to sew a heating pad for a Christmas gift

Marriage
-Pray for husband daily
-Have monthly date nights
-Have monthly movie nights

Mothering
-Continue tummy time with Bug
-Read to Bug each day

Financial
-Pay all medical bills from Bug's birth
-Send a large amount of money to my student loan institution

You can read my full goals for 2013 here.

No comments: