Monday, April 1, 2013

Life & Style: April goals + an update on March goals

March was super rough for me - the first couple of weeks, I was extremely pregnant and just focused on inducing labor naturally. Baby girl arrived March 13, and after that, I was rather focused on her! All in all, I would say I bombed most of my goals...

Personal
-Read my chosen devotional each day {this year, I'm reading 365 Meditations for Women by Women}
-Read my Amplified Bible each day {in February, I finished my regular Bible - YAY! - so I'm concentrating on just my Amplified for now}
-Read 8 books
-Work on one fitness habit - for March, I'm working on walking each day... until I deliver Monster
-Work on one other habit per month - for March, I'm working on sweeping the kitchen floor each day
-Craft weekly - for March, I'm planning to sew napkins, create/organize our kitchen binder, make two sets of customized coasters, and sew an earwarmer.

Marriage
-Pray for husband daily
-Have monthly date nights
-Have monthly movie nights

Financial
-Save any extra money we have into our Debt savings account {after Monster arrives happy and healthy and life is back to whatever normal it will be, we will immediately put all this money toward our student loan debt. We just want to be sure we have maternity leave and medical bills covered first, in case our expenses are higher than we budgeted.}

In hindsight, I guess I didn't do as bad as I feared! You can read my full goals for 2013 here. I'm incorporating some mothering goals as well now. Here are my goals for April:

Personal
-Read my chosen devotional each day {this year, I'm reading 365 Meditations for Women by Women}
-Read my Amplified Bible each day
-Read 8 books
-Work on one fitness habit - for April, I'm working on walking each day... again!
-Work on one other habit per month - for April, I'm working on getting up when there's a 6 on the clock each morning
-Craft weekly - for April, I'm planning to sew napkins, create/organize our kitchen binder, plant and water tomato seeds and sew an earwarmer.

Marriage
-Pray for husband daily
-Have monthly date nights
-Have monthly movie nights

Mothering
-Start tummy time with Bug
-Read to Bug each day

Financial
-Spend as little as possible while I am on maternity leave

No comments: