- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup peanut butter chips (or 1 cup chocolate chips OR 1/2 cup chocolate and 1/2 cup peanut butter!)
- 1 ripe banana, sliced into 12 slices
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray
- Sprinkle the first 2 Tablespoons of sugar evenly over the muffin tin so that it coats the sides and bottoms as evenly as you can get it.
- In a medium bowl mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and kosher salt.
- Set aside the flour mixture.
- In a large bowl mix the 3/4 cup sugar, egg, vanilla extract, and mashed bananas until totally combined.
- Add the flour mixture and mix just until all the ingredients are mixed in.
- Fold in the peanut butter chips.
- Scoop into the sugared muffin tins.
- Mix the sliced banana with remaining sugar and place one in the center of each muffin to be.
- Bake for 22 to 26 minutes.
- Cool for about 8 to 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to finish cooling.