Friday, March 1, 2013

Life & Style: March goals + an update on February goals

You can read about my goals for all of 2013 here. As a recap, here's what my February goals were and how I did on them:

Personal
-Read my chosen devotional each day {this year, I'm reading 365 Meditations for Women by Women}
-Read my Amplified and regular Bible each day for a total of 3 chapters between the two each day
-Read 9 books
-Work on one fitness habit - for February, I'm working on drinking 64 ounces of water each day
-Work on one other habit per month - for February, I'm working on cleaning the kitchen each day --- I think I pretty much bombed on this one from about mid-February and beyond. Thankfully, my husband is a rock star and took over from where I failed.
-Craft weekly - for February, I'm planning to make homemade baby wipes, glass gem magnets, three felt ornaments and embroider a tote bag. --- I gave up any notion of embroidering the tote bag (for now), but in addition to my other crafts, I also made another felt ornament and an "I love you because" frame.

Marriage
-Pray for husband daily --- Still working on making this part of my daily routine.
-Have monthly date nights
-Have weekly game nights --- Preston continues to impede this goal. We're not actively trying any longer, but just taking the opportunities as they come for us to play a game or two together.
-Have monthly movie nights

Financial
-Save any extra money we have into our Debt savings account {after Monster arrives happy and healthy and life is back to whatever normal it will be, we will immediately put all this money toward our student loan debt. We just want to be sure we have maternity leave and medical bills covered first, in case our expenses are higher than we budgeted.}
-File taxes

My March goals are going to be a little weird since I know I'm delivering Monster this month, I just don't know when! So we'll see how much I can actually accomplish while getting to know Monster and learning a new routine.

Personal
-Read my chosen devotional each day {this year, I'm reading 365 Meditations for Women by Women}
-Read my Amplified Bible each day {in February, I finished my regular Bible - YAY! - so I'm concentrating on just my Amplified for now}
-Read 8 books
-Work on one fitness habit - for March, I'm working on walking each day... until I deliver Monster
-Work on one other habit per month - for March, I'm working on sweeping the kitchen floor each day
-Craft weekly - for March, I'm planning to sew napkins, create/organize our kitchen binder, make two sets of customized coasters, and sew an earwarmer.

Marriage
-Pray for husband daily
-Have monthly date nights
-Have monthly movie nights

Financial
-Save any extra money we have into our Debt savings account {after Monster arrives happy and healthy and life is back to whatever normal it will be, we will immediately put all this money toward our student loan debt. We just want to be sure we have maternity leave and medical bills covered first, in case our expenses are higher than we budgeted.}

No comments: