- 10 oz noodles
- Guess what kind we recommend... cavatappi!
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2 breasts), chopped into bite sized pieces
- 12 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 prepared serving of cream of something soup
- 16 oz sour cream
- 2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 16 oz broccoli
- If you want to use frozen broccoli, make sure to thaw it ahead of time.
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook noodles according to package instructions
- Reserve 1/3 cup of the noodle water for later in the recipe, drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and cook until it starts to brown and is no longer pink, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to the same large bowl as the noodles.
- The chicken may get done before the noodles, but that is fine as everything is getting mixed in this bowl eventually.
- Add mushrooms, onion, and pepper to the skillet that you cooked the chicken in and cook for about 8 minutes.
- Once the veggies are done being cooked, add to the large bowl along with the cream of something soup, sour cream, dry mustard, pepper, and broccoli.
- Mix up the ingredients in the large bowl and pour into a baking dish that will hold all of it.
- Mix the bread crumbs with the melted butter and sprinkle the mixture over the chicken mixture.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 25 more minutes.
This recipe was one of the few recipes that I had every intention of making properly, but then I accidentally doubled the amount of bread crumbs called for but it turned out fantastic with the increased amount. The original recipe can be found here.