Friday, February 1, 2013

Life & Style: February goals + an update on January goals

I am loving having set goals that I'm sharing with you all! It's holding me much more accountable to them than I would hold myself otherwise. So thank you for just clicking on this post and reading it - when I see how many people have read the goals posts, I kick myself into gear even more!

You can read about my goals for all of 2013 here. As a recap, here's what my January goals were and how I did on them:

Personal
-Read my chosen devotional each day {this year, I'm reading 365 Meditations for Women by Women} --- I did this almost every single day. I think I missed about 5 days, but I'm caught up now.
-Read my Amplified and regular Bible each day for a total of 3 chapters between the two each day --- I missed about five days with those one, too, but I've been super faithful in this since mid-January. I think I'm back into a routine!
-Read 9 books --- I met this goal just in the nick of time! Whew.
-Count calories each day on MyFitnessPal --- Let's just say this goal fell completely flat. I think for the time being, ie. until Monster arrives and is out of my belly, I'm going to not focus on this goal. It's just too hard when I'm hungry all the time!
-Work on one fitness habit - for January, I'm working on sleeping 8 hours per night --- I did so good with this one! Monster makes it really easy. I've been a lot more tired.
-Work on one other habit per month - for January, I'm working on making our bed each day --- Jason and I did this together. It's so much easier to make the bed as a team because it takes seconds then. We did miss quite a few days of this, probably around 10, but we've gotten so much better at making the bed! We'll continue practicing this habit throughout the year.
-Craft weekly - for January, I'm working on making two felt ornaments, a knit scarf for Jason, and embroidering a tote bag. --- I finished both felt ornaments and Jason's scarf, but sadly, I didn't do any work on the tote bag. I think I'm procrastinating there a little bit.

Marriage
-Pray for husband daily --- I'm doing much better on this goal now than I was at the beginning of January. I think I may re-read the Power of a Praying Wife {and I think I really need to buy this book so I can just keep re-reading it} to re-motivate myself!
-Have monthly date nights --- We chose to go out to dinner and Jason chose Big Boy's. We had a wonderful time!
-Have weekly game nights --- This is kind of sad to say, but our cat, Preston, is really making this difficult! He keeps thwarting our efforts by laying on our cards, our board games, etc. once we get them set up. We had a couple game nights, but pretty much failed here.
-Have monthly movie nights --- Jason borrowed Ice Age: Continental Drift from the library. It was a really goofy movie, but we had a really relaxing evening watching it.

Financial
-Save any extra money we have into our Debt savings account {after Monster arrives happy and healthy and I am back to work, we will immediately put all this money toward our student loan debt. We just want to be sure we have maternity leave and medical bills covered first, in case our expenses are higher than we budgeted.} --- We did great on this goal. We saved the amount we had in mind for January.

Here's my February goals:

Personal
-Read my chosen devotional each day {this year, I'm reading 365 Meditations for Women by Women}
-Read my Amplified and regular Bible each day for a total of 3 chapters between the two each day
-Read 9 books
-Work on one fitness habit - for February, I'm working on drinking 64 ounces of water each day
-Work on one other habit per month - for February, I'm working on cleaning the kitchen each day
-Craft weekly - for February, I'm planning to make homemade baby wipes, glass gem magnets, three felt ornaments and embroider a tote bag.

Marriage
-Pray for husband daily
-Have monthly date nights
-Have weekly game nights
-Have monthly movie nights

Financial
-Save any extra money we have into our Debt savings account {after Monster arrives happy and healthy and life is back to whatever normal it will be, we will immediately put all this money toward our student loan debt. We just want to be sure we have maternity leave and medical bills covered first, in case our expenses are higher than we budgeted.}
-File taxes

No comments: