Wednesday, January 23, 2013

This Book Room: Secretly Smitten

Summer, fall, winter, spring--Smitten, Vermont, is the place for love . . . and mystery!

There's a secret in Grandma Rose's attic--a forgotten set of dog tags belonging to her first love. But David Hutchins was killed in action and never returned to Smitten. How did the dog tags end up in the attic?

The mystery intrigues Rose's three granddaughters--Tess, Clare, and Zoe--and they decide to investigate, though their mother, Anna, warns against meddling. But as the seasons turn and the mystery unravels, the three young women and their mother encounter some intriguing mystery men of their own. Has a sixty-year-old puzzle sparked something new for this close-knit family of women?


Additional notes: This is the second and latest book in the Smitten series. You can read my review of the first book here.

My thoughts: I.loved.this.book. The four stories by four different authors are expertly woven together. I loved the story arc of Rose's long-lost love. That plot line propelled me to read this entire book as quickly as I could, while still savoring the other plot lines, so I could find out what happened in the end.

Each author brings her own flavor to the four different characters. My favorite story was Anna's and Clare's, but really, all four were wonderful. The town of Smitten is so easily imagined, and I really wish it were a real town I could visit! The cover art of the book is so yummy and cozy. I really cannot wait for the next installment of this series. I am definitely smitten with Smitten!

Thanks to Litfuse Publicity Group for providing a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

No comments: