- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup granulated no-calorie sweetener
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup shortening
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk together milk, eggs, and vanilla in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl combine all remaining ingredients other than the shortening.
- Cut the shortening into the flour until incorporated.
- This took a couple of minutes.
- Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and stir with a spoon just until mixed.
- Divide up the batter evenly into the muffin cups.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Remove to a wire rack.
- Eat before they go bad.