|We didn't even try to get a 'perfect' piece for this as there was|
no chance of getting one out of the pan. :-D
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 15 oz low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat cottage cheese
- 6 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3/4 tsp oregano, divided
- 1 jar marinara sauce (or spaghetti sauce if marinara is hard to come by)
- 1/4 cup water
- 9 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 2/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Note: Whenever you are told to put a layer into the crock pot, spread it into a flat, even layer.
- In a frying pan add the ground beef, fennel seeds, and garlic powder.
- Cook until the beef is done.
- Mix together the ricotta cheese, cottage cheese, 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese and 1/2 tsp oregano in a medium sized bowl.
- Pour the marinara sauce into a bowl.
- Rinse out the marinara jar with the water and pour that into the bowl with the marinara sauce.
- Put 1/2 cup of the marinara into the bottom of the crock pot.
- Mix the beef in with the remainder of the marinara mixture.
- Place 3 noodles over the sauce, breaking them if you have to to get them to fit.
- Cover the noodles with 1/2 of the cheese mixture
- Add 1 cup of the meat sauce to the crock pot.
- Place another 3 noodles, followed by the remainder of the cheese mixture, and then 1 more cup of the meat sauce.
- Top with the remaining noodles and cover these with the remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle remaining Parmesan cheese, remaining oregano, and all the mozzarella cheese over the top.
- Cook on low for 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
- Turn the crock pot of and let it sit for at least 15 minutes before serving.
- Servings: 4
- Calories per serving: 563
- Grams of fat per serving: 15
- Grams of protein per serving: 36
- Original recipe: Eat More of What You Love cookbook