Saturday, November 3, 2012

This Book Room: A Merry Little Christmas

Fall in love with this cozy story about two people from different worlds.
Franny Martin is an Oklahoma farm girl who's preparing to spend the holidays alone...again. Then Charlie Landau shows up one day, all wealth and polish, and offers to buy Franny's farm. Franny has no money to speak of, but she is clever and spirited, and she's more than happy to sell the farm and move to the city.

As Sinatra croons from the radio and Christmas descends upon her charming farm, Franny teaches Charlie the curious and sometimes comical ways of country life. In the process, they unearth some discoveries of the heart-that sometimes love comes when you're least ready for it. Will the holidays bring their most impossible dreams within reach?
 
My thoughts: Anita's voice as an author is truly unique. This struck me the most while I was reading this book. I love that the story is set in the 1960s - this book reminds me of a vintage story one would find in a little bookstore in a small town.
 
This story had more facets than I originally thought - it's not just about romance, but about the social issues of this time period as well. That was an unexpected and lovely surprise. It was fun to read about Franny's and Charlie's adventures on the farm, too. I imagine if I could live many lives, I would spend one of them on a farm. I don't think I'm spending this life on a farm, though, so those bits of the story were fun to read.
 
If you're an old soul at heart, you will enjoy this story immensely. It's a fun, quick read that will put you in a vintage, Christmas-y spirit.
 
You can read other reviews for this book here. You can buy a copy of the book here.
 
Thanks to Litfuse Publicity Group for providing a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

No comments: