Monday, November 19, 2012

Homemade: Glass Cleaner


The solution I'm sharing today is the second glass cleaner solution I have tried. I wasn't so much a fan of the first, but this one is drastically different, easier and better. If you prefer store bought products, and I understand there are some who do, I highly, highly recommend Perfect Glass cleaner. That is far and away the best store bought glass cleaner I have ever used. You can buy a large refill bottle for about $7 and change, and it lasted our household for a year and a half.

But since we prefer to make our own, I came up with this solution that worked for us. Here's what you need to make glass cleaner:
  • White vinegar
  • Water
  • Rubbing alcohol
Mix equal parts of all three ingredients into a spray bottle. This solution works best with newspaper or a microfiber cloth as opposed to paper towels. Jason and I both recommend microfiber as you can wash the cloth and use it again and again. If you don't yet have a set of microfiber cloths, we cannot recommend purchasing a set enough. The cloths will save you money. This is the set we purchased about two years ago and we love these cloths.

No comments: