Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Beauty Fix: my favorite scents!

I am one of those gals who always has too many bottles of perfume. Since I've realized just how many bottles I have, when I really, really like a perfume, I buy the absolute smallest bottle. Fall and winter are, in my humble opinion, the best times to wear fragrance. Spring and summer are laden with bugs, sweat, pools - I'd rather be fragrance free then.

But fall and winter are truly the times to embrace wearing a lovely scent, even if it's just your own! Here are my favorite scents and why I think you'll love them, too:

Nina by Nina Ricci is one of the most unique scents I've ever experienced. This perfume first caught my nose years and years ago from a magazine sample. I saved it and literally smelled it every day until I made it Sephora when I promptly purchased the largest bottle. When I want to feel decadent, I use this perfume. I hooked my mother on this one as well and she regularly uses up her entire bottle and promptly replaces it. The scent is so unique - I honestly can't even describe it. How horrible is that?! It is described on retail websites as being a fresh, fruity, floral fragrance. That's quite a mouthful. I think retailers aren't sure how to describe it either!

Every year, we make it a point to go somewhere and relax for at least two days as an official vacation. And by every year, I mean, every year since we were married. On our honeymoon, which was our first official vacation, we popped into a little store on Mackinaw Island and I fell in love with this next fragrance:


Lollia Relax is such a wonderful fragrance. It truly is relaxing. I love this scent on days where I'm wearing cozy sweaters, planning a romantic night with my husband or just snuggling up in bed with my kitten and watching a movie. It makes me feel cozy and warm. Lollia's website describes this scent as: A rich exotic blend of Lavender, Bee Blossom Honey with White Orchids and warm, woody undertones of Indian Amber delicately completed with a touch of Tahitian Vanilla. Does that not sound just delicious? I could almost eat it. But I won't. This fragrance is perfect for any adult. It's a bit too sophisticated for girls, but for any woman would love this.

On our second official vacation, we traveled to the Petoskey area. I could not love this area more. We actually also went there on our third vacation as well but I refrained from buying any perfume. That took serious willpower! While on our second vacation, we traveled a bit to this wonderful orchard called Friske's. The food there is phenomenal, there are wonderful outdoor activities and there are great little shops inside. That's where I found this scent:

Love + Toast's sugar grapefruit perfume is fun and flirty. It has notes of pink grapefruit, orange citrus, warm musk and lily. I use this currently as my everyday go-to perfume. It's perfect for everyday wear, and while Lollia's Relax is perfect for women, this fragrance would be well suited for younger girls. Anyone could wear this, but for younger girls, I think this perfume is perfect. It's not sexy, but it smells good and it's fun.

I would love to hear what fragrances or scents you adore and why! Share with me in the comments below or on our blog's Facebook page which can be found here.

No comments: