Thursday, October 4, 2012

This Book Room: You Don't Know Me

Sometimes the secrets we keep to protect ourselves can be our undoing.

To all who know her, Annalise Decker is a model wife and mother. She’s a permanent member of the PTA, never misses a sporting event, and is constantly campaigning for her husband’s mayoral race.

No one knows that Annalise was once Deidre O’Reilly, a troubled young woman whose testimony put a dangerous criminal behind bars. Relocated through the Witness Security Program to the quaint harbor town of Deep Haven, Deidre received a new identity and a fresh start, which began when she fell in love with local real estate agent Nathan Decker.

Twenty years later, Annalise couldn’t be more unprepared for her past to catch up with her. When Agent Frank Harrison arrives with news that the man she testified against is out on parole and out for revenge, Annalise is forced to face the consequences of her secrets. Will she run again, or will she finally find the courage to trust those she loves most with both her past and her future?

Additional notes: This is the sixth book in the Deep Haven series, but I really cannot express this enough: for this book, in particular, you do not need to read any of the other books in this series. This book really stands on its own and the main characters are all new. You can read my review of the first book here, the second book here, the third book here, the fourth book here and the fifth book here. So far as I know, this series is ongoing.

My thoughts: I really was unsure if I would pick up another Deep Haven novel after I had read the fifth one. I was not such a fan of that book. But I wanted to read this book a. because the cover was gorgeous {even though one should never judge a book by its cover} and b. because the summary of the story really caught my attention.

I was very quickly pulled into this book once I started reading it. It had incredible suspense - I really could not put the book down because all I wanted to do was discover how the story would end.

The characters were relatable - some of the most real characters I've had the pleasure to know. An added bonus to the plot: Frank and Helen's story. I was rooting for them all the way through!

The book ends on a pleasant note, and the reader will definitely not be disappointed. After this book, I'm more than excited to see what the author has up her sleeve for the next Deep Haven novel!

Thanks to Litfuse Publicity Group for proving a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

No comments: