Monday, October 29, 2012

Homemade: Toilet Bowl Cleaner


I am so excited to be sharing a brand new homemade solution! It seems our household ran out of everything in October, and a couple of the items were cleaning items we had purchased from a store many, many months {and for some of them, years} ago. Since we now make our cleaners rather than buy them, Jason and I were both excited to try out some new solutions.

I found this toilet bowl cleaner solution on Pinterest, and this one seems the best and easiest solution to me. Here's the solution:
  • 1.5 cups baking soda
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 tsp castille soap with tea tree
Alternatively, you can use regular castille soap and add in tea tree oil or really any oil you prefer. I personally think it doesn't really matter. You will want to use a condiment-type bottle for this solution. I found mine for rather cheap on amazon.com and ordered a pack of 3. This solution fits in one bottle and should be enough for at least 4 toilet cleanings {if not, more}.

No comments: