Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Beauty Fix: an essential item everyone needs to have

This item may surprise you. It's underrated, really. It's inexpensive, it's readily available at most supermarkets, drugstores, etc., and it's a multi tasker. It's useful for both men and women.

I'm talking about clear mascara.

I will never, ever forget about you again.
Maybe some of you already have clear mascara and know you can't live without it. I discovered its greatness in high school, then proceeded to spend many foolish years not even having it in my beauty bag {gasp!}.

I purchased a tube of it a month or so ago and have fallen in love again with this product. First, there's the price. For an essential item, it's important that the price not be too exorbitant, otherwise, it makes the item seem less essential. My tube was $4 and change and made by CoverGirl. I admit I had to hunt for it at Target {could it be that other people don't see the value in this item, thus it's not made so much anymore???}.

My main uses for clear mascara are two-fold. While the hair that grows on my head isn't the blondest, the hair that grows on the rest of my body is very, very light. My eyebrows and eyelashes are very blonde. I personally find it odd to wear black mascara when it's obvious my hair is not black. It's just my personal preference not to have that look. I am addicted to curling my eyelashes {click here to read about the most fantastical eyelash curler ever} but without any product at all on them, they tend to droop halfway through the day. While some people claim to love Vaseline for this, I find that it's messy to use my fingers for that. I'd much rather use a wand. Enter: clear mascara. I coat my lashes with clear mascara, and it works like a charm. My eyelashes hold their curl better.

My other main use is for my eyebrows. While I, at times, like to use eyebrow color to fill in my eyebrows and give them more definition {due to the fact that they are very, very blonde}, 99.9999% of the time, I prefer a completely natural look. 1 - I save money by not spending it on cosmetics. 2 - I save time by not putting the cosmetics I paid money for on my face. 3 - I simply prefer a natural look because it's more real to who I am. With all of that said, I have the most unruly brows. Unruliness to the point that my aesthetician regularly gives my brow hairs a trim after waxing away the excess hairs. It's that bad, friends. I love using clear mascara and the wand to tame my brows. Super quick, super easy.

Men can use clear mascara for the same reasons. It's clear {if the name didn't make that obvious enough} so it's not like anyone can tell you've used it. This is just a great product that I could not live without. I honestly have no clue how I went several years without it, even when I knew how amazing it was.

So there you have it! This is definitely the cheapest beauty item I've shared, and I hope you all give clear mascara a go and see if you love it as much as I do!

1 comment:

marriedtothefarm said...

This is interesting. I didn't know such a thing existed. I have unruly eyebrows, too, and I am constantly wiping them because I'm afraid they are sticking up, lol.