- 1/2 pound dried pasta
- 2 Tbsp EVOO
- 2/3 lbs. ground sirloin
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 4 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 cup beef stock
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- While cooking the pasta, heat the EVOO in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the meat and brown for 4 minutes, breaking it up as it cooks.
- Add onions and garlic and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add chili powder, cumin, coriander, and tomato paste and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Stir in the stock and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Stir in the pasta and cheese and serve.
- Serving Size: 2 cups
- Servings per recipe: 3
- Calories per serving: about 570
- Originally found in Rachel Ray's Big Orange Book