Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Beauty Fix: who doesn't love a good bubble bath?

Bubble baths are one of my favorite things. If I could, I would take one every night, purely for relaxation purposes. That's not very feasible - I just have other things that need doing more than I need a bubble bath each night!

When I do take a bubble bath then, I want it to be an experience. I want to feel transported to some other place - a place where no responsibilities lie, a place where my mind doesn't have to going to a mile a second, a place where I can just chill and read a good book.

Bubble bath can be expensive. But I recently tried out a bubble bath that was both not atrocious in price and it was amazing in smell, which is key to a good bubble bath, too.

Sonoma Soap Company's bubble bath creates a mountain of bubbles with just one tablespoon of solution. I used amazon.com gift cards I earned through Swagbucks to get a bottle of First Crush. It's made with certified organic grape seed, red raspberry extract and honey extract.
The best part - it's not drying. Usually, after I take a bubble bath, especially if I'm just doing a foot bath, my skin is very dry. I made myself a little foot bath with this and my feet were so moisturized. I couldn't believe it. I've never had a bubble bath that moisturized.

The cost isn't fantastical, but it's not insane either. Depending on where you purchase it, the cost will vary, but if you use amazon.com and use the Subscribe + Save option, the cost will be $7.59 for 12 ounces. I was a tad upset when it arrived, and it wasn't completely full (but had seemingly not leaked during the shipping process). If you prefer to shop at a brick and mortar store, it looks like you may be able to find Sonoma Soap Company products at Sears or the Vitamin Shoppe.

I'm pretty excited, to say the least, to try the other scents. The other scents include Lavender Reserve and Citrus Medley - I think I'll try Citrus Medley next!

Sonoma Soap Company has other products for sale that I may try in the future, such as soap bars, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, hand soap and shower gel. I would definitely not mind smelling like First Crush all over my body. The scent is delicious.

Share with me! Do you have a favorite bubble bath brand you could recommend? Any scents you love that you just have to have when you find them?

No comments: