Monday, June 25, 2012

In the Kitchen with Jason: Chicken and Stuffing Casserole

We made this recipe on the first day of my eating responsibly diet. The diet itself isn't an elimination of foods, but instead of eating four or five servings of something for a meal, I will now eat one or two, depending on the calorie count of the food in question. With that being said, I picked a poor first recipe to show restraint on. It smelled good, tasted good, and looked good. And I could only eat one serving because I foolishly wasted almost 300 calories on a candy bar earlier in the day. Trust me, I will not make that mistake again.


Ingredients
  • 1/3 cup cream of something soup mix
  • 1 1/4 cup water
  • 1 cup milk
  • 16 oz frozen veggies (I used the California mix and it fit perfectly)
  • 1 chicken breast, cooked and cut into small cubes (about 2 cups)
  • 4 cups Pepperidge Farm (R) Cubed Herb Seasoned Stuffing
  • 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions
  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  • Spray a 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray.
  • Mix all non-cheese ingredients in a bowl.
  • Dump into the prepared pan and even out with a spatula.
  • Bake for 20 minutes.
  • Remove from the oven and give it a good stir.
  • Sprinkle the cheese over top of it.
  • Return it to the oven for another 5 minutes
Statistics
  • This recipe makes 6 servings.
  • Each serving will be about 1 cup in size.
    • Jess ate two servings and I ate one. She had ate responsibly earlier in the day, so she could eat two servings at dinner. I was stuck with one because I foolishly ate a candy bar.
  • Each serving will contain about 275 calories.
 As you can see, this recipe is easy to make. The hardest part about it was waiting for the George Foreman grill to finish cooking up the chicken so I could cut it up and add it to the already assembled ingredients and throw the casserole in the oven.

Please enjoy!

-Chef Jason

No comments: