Thursday, May 10, 2012

In the Kitchen with Jason: Pulled BBQ Beef Sandwiches

This recipe is a combination of a super simple crock pot recipe found in our Fix it and Forget it Christmas Cookbook and Jess' brain. Also, it is one of the easiest recipes that will be on this blog ever.

Ingredients
  • 3-4 lb. beef roast
  • 18 oz. Bottle BBQ sauce
  • Hamburger buns
  • Shredded cheddar cheese
Directions
  • Pour 1/2 the bottle of BBQ into the bottom of the crock pot.
  • Put the roast on top of the BBQ.
  • Pour the remainder of the BBQ over the roast.
  • Cover the crock pot and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
  • When the beef is done cooking, use a set of tongs to pull the roast out of the crock pot.
  • Use 2 forks to pull the beef apart into small pieces.
    • This will be very easy.
  • Put an amount of pulled beef onto a hamburger bun.
  • Top this with some shredded cheese and then top that with a bit of the BBQ from the crock pot.
See how easy that is? The hardest part is keeping all the beef on the plate when you are pulling it apart.

Please enjoy!

-Chef Jason

8 comments:

cozycakescottage.com said...

I LOVE the simplicity of this and looks like a great weekday meal. Thanks for sharing--I love using my slow cooker and have wondered about the Fix It cookbooks for a long time--you'd recommend them, I'm guessing? Thanks!

Jess and Jason said...

Yes, we would! We're a big fan of our slow cooker for several reasons - but in any state in the USA in summer, it gets so hot. It's nice to be able to still cook a homemade meal without baking your house :)

cozycakescottage.com said...

I agree! It is already really warm here (west coast) today and I'm so grateful for my slow cooker!

Carole said...

I was wondering if you would like to put up a link to this nice beef recipe in my Food on Friday Series. This week the ingredient is beef.

Jess and Jason said...

Thanks, Carole! We definitely will :)

Carole said...

Thanks so much for linking in - and so quick off the mark too!

Chef Jeff said...

This looks wonderful. I am excited to try it. I am reminded of some roast beef sandwiches that I made, http://hometownslop.blogspot.com/2012/06/roast-beef-sandwiches-with-caramelized.html

Thanks for sharing

Carole said...

Hi there, I am just preparing a Pinboard for my Need Some Inspiration series running on Wednesday which refers to links from my Food On Friday Beef Edition - Pinterest wouldn't let me pin your page because it said the images weren't large enough. I then tried your follow me on Pinterest button but it came up with an error message (did you know it wasn't working).

If you would like to be included on the Pinboard could you either put a pin it button somewhere on your sidebar or in the post or increase the size of the image.

Cheers