Friday, April 27, 2012

Life & Style: Pantry + Freezer Challenge, Part 4

For all of April, we're doing a Pantry + Freezer challenge! Join us as we cook up dishes using ingredients on hand. We'll be sharing our experiences with our challenge throughout the month in a special Life & Style series. You can read Part 1 of this series here, Part 2 here and Part 3 here. Check back every Friday for new posts, and check out what our menu plan is each week in our What's for Eats This Week posts on Sundays.

I have to say that I don't feel like we did a great job with this challenge. We made minimal new meals, we ate up a lot of our inventory and we ate out minimally, but after the first week, I think it lost some of its fun.

I guess that's kind of the point, though, right? Not everything in life is going to be fun, but it will be what you make of it, and I could have made more of this than I did.

Declaring a Pantry + Freezer Challenge definitely has its benefits, and we'll have to do this again in the future otherwise our pantry and freezer would be overrun with food. Hopefully, we can eat meals from the pantry and freezer each week throughout the year while making new recipes so maybe we'll just do a challenge for a week instead of a whole month.

Either way, I'm definitely looking forward to trying new recipes in May!

No comments: