We have been on a fruit dessert kick recently and that has led us to our Dollars to Donuts cookbook. This peach crisp is a bit sweet but also very yummy. We both enjoyed this a bunch. Also, the recipe is so simple, a cave man could make it (if cave men had ovens and canned peaches that is).
|Let me tell you this picture was hard to take. All I could think about was why am I not eating this.|
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 Tbsp melted butter
- 2 can (16 oz each) sliced peaches in light syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients together with a fork.
- Mix in the melted butter with same fork.
- Make sure there are no big parts in the topping.
- Take 3 Tbsp of the light syrup from the canned peaches and put it in a 9 inch pie dish.
- Drain the remainder of the syrup from the peaches.
- Evenly layer the drained peaches in the pie pan.
- Cover the peaches with the crumbly butter mixture.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
Didn't I tell you it would be simple? It takes 45 minutes tops to make it and 35 of them are waiting for it to finish cooking.